The Gahanna History Mural
Stories can be powerful and inspiring, especially those are related to our families and our communities. Gahanna History Mural is inspired by memorable stories – stories that are about how the community began, how it grew, and how it overcame challenges and continued to forge ahead. This mural is about stories that you and I want to pass along to friends and pass down to our children and our grandchildren.
The mural is a collage of historical images of Gahanna. It captures the moments that the community gathered together and had good times: from the hustle and bustle of the Mill Street, to the Jaycee’s Fishing Derby, to the antique cars parade, promoting the 1956 Flea Market.
The mural commemorates the historical monuments that shape the history of the city and its community: from the Log House, to the Mill House, to the Olde Gahanna High School, to the Big Walnut Creek Bridge. The mural reflects on personal history of many families as well as the settlement stories when the city was founded. The mural also includes less-known fact about the community such as the Big Walnut Country Club and its ties to Columbus. As much as about good old memories, the mural is also about discovery that you will learn about the history of Gahanna.
This mural will greet you every time you come to Downtown Gahanna, welcoming you, inspiring with good stories. It is art that belongs to the community and its future generations. Help make this mural possible today!
The Gahanna Parks and Recreation Foundation appreciates your support of this great project. When you click on the link below, you will be forwarded to our Donation portal on our Columbus Foundation Website. Complete the form and submit your donation. The Foundation will send you an automatic confirmation message.
A volunteer will be in contact with you to confirm your donation and information for the donor plaque if applicable.
Tax deductible donations can also be mailed to:Gahanna Parks & Recreation Foundation 200 South Hamilton Road Gahanna, OH 43230
Please email administration@GahannaPRF.org or call 614-342-4250 if you have any questions.
As of July 9th all mural plaques have been sold! Thank you to all the sponsors!
Pledge $500 or more Choose one of the 15 images featured on the mural and become a
Mural Plaque Sponsor. Each sponsor will be recognized with a circular plaque installed next to the sponsored image.
After completing donation please indicate which plaque you would like to sponsor and what the plaque should read.
• Big Walnut Creek-SOLD to Perpetual Progress, LLC
• Jaycee’s Fishing Derby-SOLD to Lew Griffin Insurance Group
• Historic seal of City of Gahanna-SOLD to Steve Bierline and Family
• The Log House-SOLD to The Ewald Family
• Golfers from Big Walnut Country Club-SOLD to Amy and Vinnie Tremante and Family
• Antique cars promoting 1956 Flea Market-SOLD to Funtrail Vehicle Accessories
• Shadwicks Hardware store-SOLD to Tom & Becky Kneeland
• Mill Street looking north-SOLD to Joe & Angie Gottron
• Warren Truss Bridge (1900-1965)-SOLD to Lee Tucker and Family
• Corner building between Mill and Granville-SOLD to Stephen A. Renner and Family
• C. Strait and Sons Milk Transport-SOLD to Doug Strait and Family in memory of Clarence Strait
• Columbus to Gahanna Interurban Railroad-SOLD to The Vapor Station
• Olde Gahanna High School-SOLD to City Councilman Ryan P. Jolley
• Jesse Baughman-SOLD to The Linton Family
• John Clark-SOLD to Walt & Isobel Sherwood and Family
Pledge $100 or more (unlimited) and become a Mural Sign Sponsor
Sign Sponsorship will close Sunday July 13th! After the 13th all donors will only be recognized on the website.
All donors’ names will be recognized on a plaque installed on the mural. View the Donors
Pledge $25 or more (unlimited) and become a Friend of the Mural
All donors will be acknowledged on the Foundation’s website. View the Donors